View Single Post
Old 04-11-2002, 12:10 PM   #23
68 Suburban

Quote:
You know, it is funny how the oil companies are recording record profits though, even though they claim they are selling it as cheap as they can get away with.
Do we ***** when other types of companies record record profits? No, we stand up and cheer. Isn't it the job of a company to record profit? It is OUR OWN FAULT that we have put the oil companies and OPEC in this possition! We as Americans have to stop pointing the finger and take it upon ourselves to solve what ever oil problems you feel we are in! If you drive a gas guzzler, you have no room to ***** about the oil companies. We have been warned for 27 year about our dependends on oil, but we keep building and buying vehicles that get poor gas milage.

And sure there is room for trucks like ours. I always am trying to see how many mpg I can squeeze out of my Suburban rather than how fast I can get to the next traffic light. It didn't matter when gas was 93 cents, I still was tweaking for mpg. Now I am not saying that you should not be able to build your truck as fast as you want, but if it is your daily driver and you cant afford 8mpg, you really have no room to *****.

My truck gets 15.5 mpg on the highway, and I am always looking to get more.

------------------
Check out other members trucks

1968 50th Anniversary C-10 Suburban (Tows all these cars all over the place)
1968 50th Anniversary C-10 Pickup
1968 50th Anniversary C-20 Pickup CST, FOR SALE
1969 SS Camaro Conv't
1960 Lakewood Travel Trailer
1963 Ford Falcon Wagon, FOR SALE
2000 Chevy Malibu (Suppose to be daily driver, but the Burb is)

Phoenix, AZ.

Click Here for Parts and Venicles I have Available

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
67-68 SUBURBAN TRIM. $$$$ Reward
for finding the 3rd door trim piece
and the small piece that goes on
the 1/4 panel right behind the
3rd door.

[This message has been edited by 68 Suburban (edited April 11, 2002).]