View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #162
72MARIO

Gee Emm,

Thats awesome work

I can totally relate with the amount of work involed getting all the missing metal back to where it should have been on the truck (Blazer) . I removed the entire floor from my 72 all along the firewall and along the back wall. I bought a parts truck and took the floor out of that cab and plug welded it into what was left of my cab. I also patched the box sides the same way only, I used a front fender it worked out perfect. A little filler on the inside and nobody can tell I patched it. It's a good feeling getting to bolt on all the parts onto the freshly painted body. I also got all the small parts boxed up or bubble wraped while I was finishing up the body. My bedroom was full of parts I am just getting it back now. Be sure to use the green 3M tape around the entire area you working it. It will save you lot's of chips. I also found that wrapping the ratchet handle with tape prevent's chips if you become careless and smack the body tighting bolt's.

When do you think you will start blocking it out ? I can't wait to see progress pics.

Later'

Mario
1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote