View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Don't buy from this eBay prick.....

(sorry, this is kinda long)

abesrecycledautoparts

I bought a rebuilt 500 CFM Carter carb from this guy last week and installed it on my '56 wagon this past weekend. The engine fired right up and all was good. I then went to tune it up and pulled the vacuum advance line off the carb. I've always noticed a decrease in RPM when the vacuum line is disconnected on my Edelbrock carbs. Well, there was no change in RPM no vacuum was felt (with my finger) on that port (only has one distributor vacuum port). I am not a carb expert by any means so I thought maybe it wasn’t functioning correctly. I then pulled the plug off the main vacuum port and the RPMs increased dramatically. This seemed odd to me. I figured such a large “vacuum leak” would have the opposite results. Again, I am not a carb expert by any means so I thought maybe it wasn’t functioning correctly. So I e-mailed the guy and told him I thought something might be wrong with it by explaining my observations and asked for suggestions. His reply:

Jason;
#1 All of our carbs are tested on running engines..#2. The distributor vacuum port on any carburetor is a timed throttle port and does not provide vacuum until the throttle opens the internal port at a certain RPM...#3.. All carburetors speed up when you pull off the direct vacuum port plugs. It produces a lean mixture and speeds up RPMS..

Get someone to work on that curburetor that knows what they are doing before you hurt youself, burn down you car ,garage, neighborhood or runover yourself

regards
Chuck

My reply:

Actually, Edelbrock carbs have both a timed vacuum port as well as a full-time vacuum port, but I'm sure you knew that because you are obviously a genius. I just assumed that unplugging a vacuum port would create a “vacuum leak” thus hurting the engine performance (resulting in decreased RPM). I stand corrected.

Do you treat all your customers with the same amount of respect? That’s pretty bold of you to assume I’m a complete idiot having never met me or knowing nothing about me. I’m not your typical punk ass kid throwing a new carburetor on a 350 small block in a ’74 Nova trying to make it go faster.

I’ll be sure not to recommend you to anyone.

Have a nice day.

Jason

His reply:

Jason;

Your false accusation of "something isn't right with this one."...Makes us mad right off the start. Confucius said "I used to think you were an idiot until you opened your mouth and spoke and removed all doubt." Your email revealed your ignorance on the subject..You may not be a typical punk kid but you are in the same catagory..You are a wannabe mechanic that thinks you know more than you do. Jesus said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks". You are dumb inside and it came out in your stupid email...We can't keep up with the demand for our good carburetors from good buyers..We don't need trouble from wannabes like you.
regards
Chuck

This guy is a pompous jackass! Most of his feeback is positive but the negative and neutral ones show that his is indeed arrogant.