View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
R@nger
Psalm 23

Engine miss firing

Ok well as some of you may know I recently got my emissions and safety inspection done on my truck..the one in my sig. The first time I took it, it failed because of idle emissions and suspension. I fixed the suspension and raised my idle because I found out it was to low anyways. When I was driving it home the truck just didn't sound as solid as before I got it tested.

The day I was going to take it to get retested I came home from school and found out my dad had taken it down to the inspection shop while I was at school. When he got home hes tells me it passed...but instead of just seeing if it would pass with the idle speed raised he paid some guy there 30-40 bucks to do a "carb adjust".

Now let me explain a little something. My engine was running smooth as silk the day I started getting it tested. It was only after these guys had tested it that it started running bad. after the first time I took it in it just didn't sound near as good but after the second time..well now its just garbage.

When my dad got home from getting it tested again, he said to me "Kevin...the truck is running horrible!"..needless to say I was a little peeved. So I go out there and cranked her up only to find that it runs like garbage. The same engine that was running flawlessly before is now missing on one cylinder. I thought..well maybe they changed the timing so I checked that..nope still missing. This is not just a little missfire every now and again like a little stutter because of bad timing, it's an obvious consistant missfire thats just making the engine run horribly.

I don't get what happened.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. So you guys know where I stand it's a 350, quadjet(I recently rebuilt)4 barrel, brand spanking new 8.8 Accel spark plug wires, fairly new spark plugs(I pulled them and they are all tan) oh and I have HEI ignition...I'm just at a loss.

P.P.S. This missfire happens all the way from idle to reved up.

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy

Last edited by R@nger; 05-10-2005 at 07:09 PM.
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote