View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
R@nger
Psalm 23

Ok I've been working on it for a little while and heres what I just checked.

I took of the coil cover on my distributor and the ground from the coil to the cap seems to be in fine condition.

I also bottomed out the idle mixture screws to see if they got changed. They had the left one at 1 6/8 turns out, and the right is 2 1/8 out. I don't exactly remember but I think I had them set at 2 and 1/2 turns out but yeah don't quote me on that.

67chevy I'm 95% possitive its missing. My dad just told me a while ago that the crack mechanic even said "seems to be missing on 1 cylinder." This quote came from him apparently right after he got done "working" on it. I was just informed of this quote a while ago. Your idea about cracking a spark plug..that very well could be...I'll let the engine cool down and pull the plugs and get a look at them. I just finished all my finals for this semester so I've got alot of free time to get this thing fixed...again.

EDIT: Oh and yes I did try putting the mixture screws back to 2 1/2..didn't seem to fix it.

Man I wish I could record the way this engine sounds...it would probably make diagnosing whats wrong alot easier.

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy

Last edited by R@nger; 05-02-2005 at 06:09 PM.
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote