View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 12:19 AM   #43
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdawgS10
...I belive he was tlaking about a 8 peice step notch.
You believe he was? Thanks for clearing that up for me since he didn't type step notch.
Quote:
and yahoo can put in a 2" C
???
Quote:
"complete disection of the frame rails"
yes you do. if thier is any other way of doing let me know.cuz evry time I go to put in a 8" notch on a 4" frame it ends up cut in half
Perhaps you should re-read my post. I clearly & concisely stated 'c-notch'. No mention of an 8" notch.
Quote:
"removal of suspension pieces"
hmm..... unless your just doing bag over leaf you usally take ot the alxe and leafs. and if you ARE installing a rear notch your usually changeing somthing.
blocks/4link/taking out leafs.
What if it's just a coil spring truck? Does the rear axle need to be pulled? No, it doesn't. Air over leaf doesn't require disconnecting the rear axle or brake lines either.
Quote:
I dont know what your working on but on EVRY truck its 100% easyer to work ont he rear with out the bed on. and its usually harder to get the bed off then it is the front clip. ...... andf what about the gas tank in the rear? I allwaysd take out the gas tank. I have never liked the idea of welding around a tank.
On some trucks, a 'notch' (c-notch), can be installed w/o removing the bed. It might be easier w/the bed off, but it can be done w/o removing sheetmetal. Not all trucks have the gas tank near where a 'notch' is installed. But, even if you have to remove the bed & gas tank, it's less work than pulling a front clip, suspension, & drivetrain. All that work is part of what makes 'Z-ing' harder to do.
Quote:
evry time I have ever done a notch. I have allways boxed the frame/bag brackets/ shock relocating. or some other fabricating of that efect.... cutting hole int he bed floor/brake line rerouting/wire rerout/exast
There are several 'notch' kits available through the aftermarket that don't require boxing the frame & can be bolted on (or welded if that's preferred).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI
This isn't a slam on you personally. I just don't want someone w/limited skills to cut up their truck thinking this is a "piece of cake" mod. It requires some amount of skill to pull off. 'C-notches' can be installed by those w/limited skill (some don't even require welding & will bolt in place).
I wanted to be sure my post wasn't taken as a slam, hence the first sentence in the quote above. I suppose my mistake was instead of pointing out the obvious, I should have asked Loweredd to be more specific about his statement.
Maybe the statement should read "it's no harder than fabricating & welding in a rear step notch".
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-10-2005 at 12:23 AM.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote