View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:29 PM   #33
oldblue72

I'm starting to answer my own questions

I once asked how much a tranny would cost. I now know its about $750. the reason its a 333 engine is because the guy who put it together added some stuff that required him to get slightly bigger pistons. I think thats what he said. Anyhow, it is tricked out a little which gave it the figure 333 instead of a 327. My tranny seems great now but as soon as I got it on the road I busted a tire! Man, its hard to love an old truck and be broke. I think I need new gaskets and some seals for the engine, new engine mounts, and maybe a new neck for the gas tank. Maybe someone knows about this. I have noticed that when I have a really full tank 'o gas it seems as though some of it leaks out of were you put the gas in. Just a little but I notice it. So is it a crack in the neck or the rubber tube that connects the nozzle? Well I'm working on fixing everything. Prom is coming up and I plan to wash,wax, and even degrease his belly Best case scnario is it looks better than me.
One last thing, My neighbor friend who gave me the tranny said that I shouldn't need a new engine since its only have 69k on it? What do you think? If I did need a new one what would cause that?
oldblue72 is offline   Reply With Quote