View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
'70_402

Always make sure you have a fire extinguisher

If you guys don't have a fire extinguisher GO AND BUY ONE! I am sooo glad i had mine yesterday. If iwould have not had it i would have had to watch my truck go up in flames. Me and my dad were crusing around, and i was turing a corner and bam...nothing no click no crank no response at all from my truck, it just died. Then all the sudden i smell smoke and i jump out of my truck and see a glow from under the dash!!! so i get my extinguisher from my console and i put out the ball of flame. I am guessing it was my neutral saftey switch wire (that would explain the no start and that wire is the most chared) i haven't really got the guts to really look under there good yet. i might wait a while so that i don't have a breakdown and do something stupid like sell my truck or something. (the though crossed my mind) anyways i am glad i had my extinguisher and if you don't have one go and get one. TODAY. anything can happen, and like i said i would have not liked watching my truck go up in flames and not been able to do a dang thing about it.

Thanks

Rick

P.S. anyone got a wiring harness they want to sell for cheap!
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote