View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #32
stringpickin

Location: Northern Ca. at the base of the valley just entering the sierra foothills
YES!!! Engine has been picked up from the builders and is enroute and to be delivered monday afternoon. I might be able to use my truck for the bluegrass festival after all. What they did for me is, Took the brand new (broken in and now seasoned block) which is good because block will react very evenly now when she gets hot again. Serious race engine builders prefer a seasoned block to build, so I am going to go with it being a good thing. The builder told me that he basically blueprinted the motor for me. Told me he knows I am going to be listening even closer now, so he made sure it went together perfect. Anyway, I will be very happy to get her back and in and running. Maybe I will finally be able to enjoy my rebuild and restore of my chevy.....with a motor that aint clankin.. won't that be nice.. Will let you know how the start up goes.. ciao for now..