View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 03:08 AM   #25
68LSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermasaurus
If you have an O2 sensor and get armor all on it, you might as well take it out and toss it in the garbage. Once the sensor is covered, it cannot compare the oxygen of the outside air to the exhaust's oxygen content. Used car dealers are notorious for screwing up an O2 sensor from all the armorall or clearcoat they spray under the hoods. Also, when tires are sprayed with stuff like that, sometimes the spray can get the O2 sensor on some setups.
I learned that in my Electronic Diagnosis class a while back. The instructor even demonstrated it for proof.
-Jeremy
Going to have to call BS on this one, sorry Jeremy. Voltage is created by the O2 sensor due to a chemical reaction. It's looking for 14.7:1 air/fuel mixture. If it's rich you USUALLY get a higher voltage and if it's lean you USUALLY get a lower voltage (talking around .7vdc difference). The cars computer then adjust according to this voltage from the O2 and other parameters.

Like I've said before I'm not fond of the stuff and I could see it possibly baking the insulation on the wires (maybe) but it won't affect the O2 sensor.

Last edited by 68LSS1; 06-26-2005 at 03:10 AM.
68LSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote