View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

Thumbs down Summit Racing - Horrible Cust Service

Not bad....HORRIBLE.

For several years I've preferred Summit over Jegs...fast shipping, good selection etc. Well that day may have come to an end.
I ordered a set of Hedman hedders and installed them. Turns out the drivers side is warped and won't seal. It looked a little off before installation but who(me) wants to believe that.
I called Summit Racing to request a replacement for the defect. They refused to send me a replacement drivers side. "Can't split up a box, sorry". They did offer me a solution.....buy another set! Are you kidding me?
"Sir, we can send you a new set that we will charge you for, then you can box up the old set and when we get back the other set, we will credit you back". NOT.

Not sure where they went to school for Customer service, but they must have played hooky alot. I spoke to the supervisor. Same answer. Well as the customer, I refused to have this be MY PROBLEM. If Summit is having a problem backing there product, that is THERE PROBLEM. They also offered for me to take them off my truck, box them up and send them in then they would replace. NOT.

SOOOO.....I called HEDMAN HEDDERS directly. The customer service was EXCELLENT. They back their product so I will continue to use them. The guy could not believe SUMMIT was not helping me. He even offered to send me a
replacement, but did not have the one I needed in stock(CA smog). He said they warranty "half" sets all the time and Summit should be able to send me even half a set for replacement. I thanked him and ....

.....called Summit Racing back. Different cust serv rep. Same answer. At this point I'm done talking to these "lower" level guys who are reading script.
I ask for someone that can fix this(anyone other than those I've spoken too).

The next guy answers and gets my story(I'm upset). He then says he will send out a set (no charge) and I can send back the defective part. WHAT? THEY AGREED TO TAKE CARE OF A CUSTOMER, NOT MAKE THE CUSTOMER TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM THEMSELVES?!?!?!? PRAISE THE LORD!

Closing to review:
I can understand policy that limits liability and "shrink"(retail loss), but I just received these and was easily within a credible story time window if one was to exist. Anyways, HEDMAN gets a thumbs up for a no questions asked approach to fix the problem. Hedman, again, could not believe that Summit would not send me a part since they(hedman) has a great warranty program. Summit Racing needs to review there handling of this problem. DEFECTIVE PARTS ARE NOT THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM. NEVER. If there is risk to sending out a replacement, its not the customers risk, its SUMMITS.

Sorry, been in retail to long to know that I'm right here.

later.

77 K5 - 383, auto, 6" lift, D60 front, 14b rear, 39" tsl's,
jakeslim is offline   Reply With Quote