View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #14
Bob Gervais
Truckless for the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
Is Rhode Island off the coast of California?LOL!If I`d known that I`da checked out Hollywood when I was there.Toroflow,I really like it!Do you enjoy putting all the newfangled SUV drivers in their place with that?I had similar plans for mine but have backed down since I`ve had to rack alot of miles on it and have other older projects.It was s`posed to be just for "get-aways" and used when we needed to haul more than a couple people.It became my driver when the motor went up in my work truck.Fixed that after a year,then totalled it.So,back in the`Burb.I have a couple sets of 1t axles,but I`m not using them on the `Burb.I have other plans now.Hey Bob,so that`s your Suburban.Doesn`t look bad at all in the pics.
Well, it sure ain't CA weather out here. Bisquik, you must have been looking at the red Burb's location, and thought that was me. Still here in the Northeast, and yes, prices are pretty high here, unless you know where to go to get deals. Now that I know, I don't spend too much on stuff any more.

Special-K, it doesn't look all that bad in those pics, but those are from two years ago. Since then, the rear doors have rusted a little more, along with the tailgate and support. It's still roadworthy, and passed state inspection, but it does need some attention. Plus, the passenger's side rear quarter is bashed in from when I was flat towing my in-law's Jeep in an ice storm, and slid. No damage to the Jeep (it has a huge pushbar), but the quarter is going to need replacing. Not a big deal, it's rusty and I was planning on a new 1/4 anyhow.
1987 V1500 GMC Suburban, 350 TBI, Flowtech dual exhaust, Rough Country 2" spring lift, 56" 3/4 ton rear spring conversion, 33" BFG All Terrains, and the smokescreen engine mod -- Former truck, searching for another now...
Bob Gervais is offline   Reply With Quote