View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #14
byrd
Union Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity
byrd, what lens' do you use for your rebuilds? I have heard more than one comment about the aftermarket lens'. How many companies make the aftermarket lens' and are there any we should stay away from (in your opinion)? You do have the most experience with these clusters and I am sure most of us trust your opionion.

Thanks for the compliment, but I would not say that I have the most experience, as they is always someone who's got a trick you don't know
I get this particular lens from ED @ Mothertruckers, Yes some are a little off,but the human factor makes that happen. I don't think they look bad
unless you are doing an original show truck(tralier queen), I have gotten six of these lenses and if you look at the white one really close you can see the oil pressure is not totally perfect, and empty on the fuel is a little off, the tach # aren't perfect. Both the lens and the bezel are aftermarket and from two different manufactors, so they both can attribute to this trouble with things being out of line, the white tach cluster has a cheaper bezel than the silver one. The silver cluster has the same lens as the white one,but it has a much, much nicer bezel on it that is Made in the USA and costs nearly twice as much(get what you pay for) and the lens in it looks really good to me, so I guess the bezel and lens are equally important in making the cluster look almost perfect. The lens in made or from Brothers and so is the Made in USA bezel, by JTM (I think) the lens that looks more like stock(not pictured) is from counterpart, and the cheaper bezel is from them as well. Randy
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors

Last edited by byrd; 09-04-2005 at 08:48 PM.
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote