View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #67
valleycustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portmod7
Awesome work man. I have been thinking about building a new front and rear suspension for my 68, and I have been trying to figure out what to do about bushings. For the upper and lower control arms in the front, as well as a triangulated 4-link in the back(I thought I was the only one who thought about reversing the upper links). I plan on building everything myself. I thought about just using heim ends for all the connections, but I think that would give a bit of a harsh ride. I want something that will feel really smooth going down the road. Any suggestions on bushings? I was thinking maybe some bushings for a monte carlo or something. Thanks, and again, NICE WORK.

Just out of curiosity, why did you reverse the upper links on your rear suspension? i.e. run them close together at the frame and far apart at the housing, rather than the conventional setup? I had something in mind when I thought about it, just wondering if you did it for the same reason.
Look into Johnny Joints. They are better for the type of applications we are building, and they ride great. I changed the upper bars because I didn't want a lot of clutter in the middle of the frame. Doing it this way gives it a cleaner look, and it's not good to weld on the 12 bolt housing. I used poly bushings in the front and I made custom brass bushings for the cantilever setup. The 4 link will use poly bushings on one end and Johnny joints on the other.

Thanks
Jr

Last edited by valleycustom; 09-20-2005 at 08:29 PM.
valleycustom is offline   Reply With Quote