View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #70
Portmod7

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleycustom
Look into Johnny Joints. They are better for the type of applications we are building, and they ride great. I changed the upper bars because I didn't want a lot of clutter in the middle of the frame. Doing it this way gives it a cleaner look, and it's not good to weld on the 12 bolt housing. I used poly bushings in the front and I made custom brass bushings for the cantilever setup. The 4 link will use poly bushings on one end and Johnny joints on the other.

Thanks
Jr
I didn't know such a thing existed, but just this morning a friend of mine who is helping with my truck found some on the net. I didn't know what they were called. I found them to be called Ball Bearing-bushings or something like that. If you are looking for a place to buy them, Currie enterprises has them for 39.95 a piece or this site called http://www.*****************/products...ot_bar-end.htm

Theirs look to be the same thing only $5 cheaper. Looks like a really awesome piece. I am thinking about using them on my A-arms too. A little expensive but I bet they would feel awesome. Going to weld my 4-link to a floating axle 9-inch Ought to be fun.
Portmod7 is offline   Reply With Quote