View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 12:47 AM   #7
TurnNBurn

Angry Never again with Aim

I bought there kit for my 82 , my first air bagged truck , well It looked all fine and good, untill I tried installing. I installed the notch based on the brackets that were supplied. The brackets they sent were not the right ones, the bags would NOT go on the brackets with out rubbing. I had to cut out the notch and move it more outboard. the bottom rear brackets were huge about 6 1/2" I had to cut 3" out of them so i could get them near the pumpkin. the Front Brackets were all bent out of shape, But the fire wrench took care of that. I shouldn't have had to do that for $1200

Next the air fittings are junk (in my opinion) the do not seal the bags are always hissing, they said to install push hose in and pull out to lock, well they pulled right out of the fittings all of the fittings for the bags. I freaked I called them up and told them all of the trouble and I got was a sorry about the inconvience. That leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. It really put a downer on my first bagged truck.

I am greatful my buddies come to the rescue . Of course some good compression air fittings from carquest to. There are some good things, the rest of the components are pretty good. I learned that the next time I do one I will buy from FBI. I didnt even buy the kit from them and they answered any question I had. I will never buy from them Aim again.

Sorry about ranting but I would not wish the trouble on any one doing it for their first time.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote