View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #2
cypress TX 72
Saving one 72 at a time!!

Talking Re: Need tips on installing vent windows

Eric,
It is the most pain in the butt thing to learn, but I will try to explain it the best I can.
First and formost, buy that blue masking tape and tape the opening of the door where the glass goes in from the hole where the lock button comes through all the way to the other side THICKLY.. Longways so you dont scratch your doors.

Then install the window track shaft with that little bracket on the bottom thats giving you all the trouble in first, , , from the inside of the door--- not the outside.

The wrap the top of the wind window with a shop towel and tape to hold it. Then its a matter of sliding it down until it stops (this will require some twisting) then pushing the wind window toward the outside until it is lined up with the track in the door. Then you have to push it in toward the front of the truck.
It will be tight at the end there, but believe me when you find that right path you will know it, because it just kind of falls in place.
For me the trick is installing them from the inside of the door vs the outside.
I've done so many now I can honestly say that it can be done without ever touching the door enough to scratch it.
I have included some pictures for an Illustration.
PM me if you have any trouble.

Tony

Attachment 165125

Attachment 165126

Attachment 165127

Attachment 165128
Attached Images