View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 12:13 AM   #21
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Re: No More Craftsman Tools For Me

I buy snap on for chrome sockets and ratchets, and specialty tools, but my wrenches are craftsman, as are most my impact sockets with the exception of matco impact swivels. If money was no object I'd buy all snap on stuff, but with the price of it, if i can get a tool for less that works just as well I will. I have a snap on tool box cause I have yet to find a box that will hold up like a snap on, I have one snap on box that is older than I am and been used every single day of its life... I have to agree on craftsman tools going down in quality, the older ratchets etc. just felt smoother and could take more abuse, I tend to break one of the cheap craftsman ratchets every other month... Anymore it seems their stuff is no better than the crap I buy at harbor freight to sacrifice to make specialty tools...

New trucks the motors will outlast the truck and rest of the drivetrain by a longshot, I've worked on several 99+ GM trucks with 300k+ miles and the whole truck is falling apart, but the gen III sbc runs like new... They dont build the trucks like they used to but they build one helluva motor in em.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote