Thread: 58 GMC Project
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:41 PM   #43
CAL 58 GMC

Re: 58 GMC Project

The powder coating wasn't really that expensive. $450 for media blasting and coating. Not bad when you consider you take them an old dirty rusty frame and you get back one that's like new. Clovis powder coating did the work. For those of you that don't know were Clovis is, its right next to Fresno in Central California. The Camaro clip came on the truck, which was one of the main reasons I bought it. Basically the truck was a shell on top of a frame with a Camaro clip. As for the years, 1970 to 1981 are the years most people use. I would use a year that has the "front steering box" (1976 to 1981 I believe) because there is more room for your steering column. The difference between is that the "front steer" has all of the steering linkage is in front of the crossmember including the box, and the "rear steer" as it all behind the crossmember. I believe Nova's have "rear steering" and that's why most people use Camaro, not to mentions that if you find one off a Z-28 you get a heaver sway bar and quicker ratio steering box that you will not get on a Nova.

Last edited by CAL 58 GMC; 11-02-2005 at 11:43 PM.
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote