View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #25
hoser
Account Suspended

Re: No More Craftsman Tools For Me

Dunno if you ever noticed this before or not but above EVERY door the customer can walk into in EVERY store Sears has it says "Satisfaction Guaranteed Or Your Money Back"

Get your money back buy something else, IMO their tools are great I have been using them for 35 years and dont see any big deal I only see the normal such as life problems you get with any tools..

Sears was playing games a few years back they changed the name on the tin snips from Craftsman to 'Sears' so you were stuck if they broke now I see they are back to Craftsman, they also were giving out rebuild kits and rebuilt for the ratchets for a while, I cut the hell out of my hand when a rebuilt one of their rebuilt ones failed the first time I used it, I gatherd up every ratchet I owned (about 15 of them) and went to Sears looking for the manager, I left the store with ALL NEW ratchets never had a rebuilt one since.

When I take broken tools back its usually because I have abused them (excluding the POS rebuild) they dont break under normal use but they are still nice enough to replace them for me its not often I take back something I have worn out, after 35 years I have only had to buy tools I have lost or that were stolen, soon as I enter the store I go find all the replacements for the broken stuff then take them to the check out there is never a problem getting them replaced or exchanged.

No doubt in a few more years they will be having ALL their stuff made in CHINA "to save you money" ....
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote