Thread: Cummins Power
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #48
TP from Cntl PA

Re: Cummins Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildin72
TP from Cntrl PA: I have a question about the 6AT 3.4. I was wondering how much clearance was between your turbo and the inner fender?? And how much clearance between the turbo and the firewall???

I am almost persuaded to go with the 3.4 instead of the 5.9, due to all the negative clearance problems ive been hearing about with the 5.9.

I am just trying to do research on how much power i can get out of the 3.4...so i thought maybe i could rig up a twin turbo set-up if there is enough clearance between the inner fender and the firewall.

Thanks for the info.
The turbo on the 6AT3.4 is on the drivers side..........The intake is on the passengers side along with the injection pump, backwards of the 5.9.

The turbo on mine is actually down next to the frame on the drivers side. I don't know how a twin turbo would work as space is tight.

Maybe you could try a 4BT3.9? They'd take being turned up better than the 3.4 because the 3.4 is indirect injected and has glow plugs. IMO, the 3.4 is alot smoother running than either the 4 or 6BT and makes more than enough power for my needs. Runs about 150 hp stock. I'd like to run an intercooler eventually and maybe swap out the turbo and push 200 hp. Even at 150 hp it works alot better in the truck than the 350 I tore out, because it has way more low end grunt, then the boost kicks in and your gone.

I like the fact she'll crank right out to 4,000 rpms no sweat.......

Inlines Rule! 6 soldiers standing is better than 8 laying down!!!!!!!!
TP from Cntl PA is offline   Reply With Quote