View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #52
special-K
Special Order

Re: Cummins Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibilly
6v92tt nothing like a detroit leave the cummings to the dodge boys
Cummins are in alot more than just Dodges,look around.It`s an engine company,not a vehicle mfgr.That`s how they got in Dodges,they never made their own.Like Detroits,they can be found in any large truck,even the Dodges before they dropped out of the big truck market.The old Longhorn Dodges had Detroit V16s.Big fuel cosumption was that motor`s demise.One hella powerhouse,though.
On swapping in Detroits:The local Navistar dealer(Grimes Truck Center/Frederick,MD) hosts a truck show of the Mason-Dixon chapter of the American Truck Historical Society in May.A guy with a `69 or`70 GMC K/20 with a Detroit in it is always there.I`ve never gotten to talk to him,but want to try this year.It`s been built for several years.Anyone near enough should try to attend.I`ll work on getting the date.I guess there`s a website.
On a Chevy/Cummins5.9 swap:On The Diesel Page,Brittanic is a guy that did this swap in a CUCV pickup.A very knowledgable and helpful guy.Others there have done this also.I will when I can get my hands on one.Meanwhile,I`m thinking I`ll take the bodt off my`91 Suburban 6.2/4L80E/NP241 and mount a`72 cab & Reading utility body on top and K/30 CUCV axles under that I have laying around.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote