View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 06:54 PM   #17
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Re: Spray in bed liner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC1
Me thinkin bout gettin one sprayed in too.

Anyone know about longevity? What I mean is, does the sun fade it like just about everything else in this world? How long till it looks crappy or gets brittle?
Fear of fading is exactly why I went with Super Liner. I spoke with and visited all the majors (Line-X, Rhino, Ultimate Liners, etc.) and they all said the same thing, they fade. Line-X has two different additives, one that's an additional $150 that's guaranteed for 5 years not to fade and another one that has to be put on periodically. Line-X was $450 + the $150 extra. The Line-X material is hard as a rock and thicker than most. Super Liner was the only company that said their's wouldn't fade. Super Liner was $300 and is not as hard as the Line-X so stuff shouldn't slide around as much. As luck would have it a friend of mine was a Super Liner dealer a few years ago and he said they don't fade and that he never had a warranty claim. Is all this true, who knows, I guess time will tell....

I can say for a fact that Rhino is crap in Texas, everyone I've seen that's been out in the sun for any period of time chalks and looks like $hit. The Super Liner location that applied mine in Pflugerville is their corporate headquarters and training facility.