View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #18
72longbed
Account Suspended

Thumbs up Re: Spray in bed liner??

MrC1,
the texture can be adjusted by the installer with the VORTEX system. I always ask the customer if he wants a high 'Pebble' finish or a smoother 'Pebble' finish. All VORTEX dealers have free samples of the product at their shop for you to take home and play with. As far as slippery goes, the absolute worst slippery liner is the drop-in-liners from the dealer or aftermarket. They get like an ice cube when wet. The VORTEX material is designed to have a 'Pebble relief' finish which helps to make it a slip-resistant surface.

The thickness game was invented by the 'soft liner' companies. They have to promote the thickness of their liners because its a cover-up for the inherent flaw of their formula in my opinion. When its a softer material, it is just a matter of time until that sharp piece of angle iron, or that repeated dragging of the heavy equipment take out a significant chunk of material. VORTEX is harder than the rest and they don't need to be as thick to give much better protection. At 1/8", its pretty much overkill for most applications but I get carried away and usually apply it around 3/16" on the tailgate, wheelwells, and bed floor, and 1/8" on the side walls and front bulkhead of the truck bed.

In almost two years and over 200 trucks lined, I've not had one contractor come back with a 'punch through', rip, or tear. I line alot of contractor vehicles because the word has spread in our area that VORTEX is practically indistructable.

72longbed
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote