View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 PM   #13
screwballl
Tonawanda 454

Re: strange hesitation

after all this time, with work and daughter and everything I haven't had anytime to look into this...
Now it has expanded it speed range at which it happens. Originally it only happened from 50-55mph.. now it happens from 40-60mph... it accellerates fine maybe a slight pause then kicks in but as soon as you let off the gas to maintain speed or "cruise" is when it kicks in. Just feels like it is losing power but most of the time on level streets it does maintain speed but uphill it does take a few seconds to kick in properly...
I am trying to decide if I should just replace the upper portion of the distributor (cap, rotor, module and whatever else is in there) or if i should just spend the extra $60 for the entire setup (Distributor, A-1 Remanufactured, $98.99), especially since I don't have a whole lot to spend on parts and time is limited.
I may start with the above suggestions by 1987SierraClassic:
*EGR - could be carboned up and sticking.
*Injectors - could be dirty
*Vacuum leak
*Dist. Cap - could be cracked.
*Timing - Local garage timed mine without disconnecting the diag. lead...ended up being really sluggish until I showed them how to time it properly.
*Throttle Position Sensor - this may or may not set a code.
*Coil - maybe, though unlikely.

Basically I am looking for other suggestions and any updated information anyone may have for me.
-------------------
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote