View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #12
454_72_4X4

Re: Transfer Case Torque Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt4x4
Hey 454_72_4x4
My K5 came with that 'dual' crossmember. As far as I know that is a factory option, just like the gas tank skid plate my K5 had also. It is simply two of the front crossmembers with a skid plate under the Xfer case.
Clutch linkage...whats that? hahhaaa
I converted to Hydro:
This is the slave cylider from a Toyota LandCruzer & Advance Adapter mounting bracket bolted to my bellhousing.

GM Master Cylinder from '87 truck (painted green). I made the T bracket to mount the lil resavor to.

I made a thick spacer to bring the master out a bit as the shaft was slightly too long and without the spacer the rod was slightly pushed in and I had a terriable time getting all the air out. Once I moved the master out so the rod is not pushing in at all I was able to bleed all the air out.
By the way the master cyln. is mounted upside down too. A first gen friend of mine did this first. It is upside down due to the angel of the master's mounting plate. Some have made a 'dagree shim' to level it out and mount it right side up....seams to be working great so far so I will just leave it the way it is.
Hope this helps
Burt
Thanks Burt!
I'll be converting to Hydro clutch when I swap in the NV4500 trans. My can't be completely like yours because the trans I have uses a internal hydro slave cylinder.
I have a master cylinder off of a Datsun? 280z? (I think) that I'm going to try to use. Mostly because it's all aluminum and should last forever.

Now I better quit jacking Blot's thread before I get in trouble...
Sorry Blot72, but just to stay on topic, mine has the same torque mount as shown in Burt's pics. I've seen the strut you're talking about but I don't have any idea if one is better than the other.
98 Sonoma (TPI outa the Trans Am)
03 Yamaha 660 Raptor
03/04 660 Raptor
07 700 Raptor
85 Honda Odyssey
454_72_4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote