View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #49
special-K
Special Order

Re: What do you think a reproduced Tow Hook would be worth????

They are being bought to show or use (won`t hurt them) on their trucks,which may or may not be an investment.This concept of reproducing hooks was born from the fact that these "rare" parts are going for so much money on Ebay.If reproduced the value of the hooks would be no more than any other tow hook.They wouldn`t be the "rare and valueable" ones.But,most people would buy them rather than pay for authentic ones.The originals will always be rare and worth more,but with the option of repro the price would be lowered.Don`t judge the value of a part because of a bidding frenzy on Ebay.The same hooks were offered on Ebay by a board member and no one bid on them at $400 to start and a "Buy it Now" of $500.Then,I believe,it was the same guy that payed $560 or whatever those record-breakers went for that took them for $400.There`s another board member that in the last year bought some in a junkyard for $20.The ones I have I paid $35 for.To me,a part of the hobby is trying to find rare stuff.Were`s the fun in taking a credit card and just buying everything at the one stop repro shop?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote