Thread: 58 GMC Project
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #139
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: 58 GMC Project

That is the color that brother painted his Chevy 55 panel truck (the fool sold it) I also have a buddy with a 72 Nova that is that color. It is a nice color you truck will look really nice with that color. I brother's panel truck was this color we called it burnt orange with tan leather interior. The guy that brought the truck painted it midnight blue yuck. He said he got tired of people asking him if it was Paul’s (my brother) truck.lol You would not believe how that color change affected the look of the truck. It was still a nice looking truck but not to people who saw it with the burnt orange paint job. It just lost its flavor. I’m still mad at my brother for selling that one. He could have sold it to me.lol

Also that is one clean Chevy you posted a pic of. Its a guy that comes to our cruise nights that has one like it I thought that was it until I realized that his is a 38 4 door. And man let me tell you I'm not a 4 door man but that sucker is clean, clean, and more clean. He also keeps a toy tommy gun in the back seat.lol

As for me I like these trucks a lot in yellow, a pale yellow (I was going to go there and paint mine yellow), but if I see another yellow 55 I may lose my mine. A old hot rodder told me this and I take it to heart. When I was building my first car and I was talking to him about my color choices and they were all typical colors. He said "yeah that's nice but don't be afraid to be different and don't be afraid of colors it seems everybody is afraid of colors.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 04-03-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote