View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 11:40 AM   #57
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

Re: Funmudder Bought His First Truck!!!!!!!!!!

I have a NP205 in it now. The Rockwell was missing a thrust washer and had a shift fork in backwards, which was why it jumped out of gear. The Rockwell internals don't have hardly any wear, but neither does the 205, and thats a good thing. I know where there it another t-221 t-case, and I'll probably buy it. It seems like it would be a good thing to have around. The Holley 500 carb is on, and man, don't she run good! Revs up faster, and shakes the whole truck more when you rev it up. A lot more that the Stromjunk did. When I get the truck moving again, I'll post a report on how good the carb works. I'm getting my driveshafts redone to the right lengths for the 205 at the moment. Should have them in the truck by the end of the week.
Things are going good with the truck, so far. I found the cab corners aren't too good. But what would you expect?? It is a 40 year old Maine survivor, and the corners are the only real rusty part of the truck. It's has bubbles here an there, but the can be easily sanded. I've been working on it quite steadily, and I havent had one twisted off bolt yet. I just hope my luck stays this good.

Last edited by JAKES 68GMC; 04-18-2006 at 11:42 AM.
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote