Thread: Whos here?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #31
1976K5CHALET

Re: Whos here?

Ok, here's the skinny. I was hatched in montebello california many moons ago. Which does mean i was born in east LA...just like cheech. Sorry...cheap shot. Anyways after allmost 4 years in west germany during the cold war days i ETS'd and flew home. And eventually ended up in Banzai Cruisers. At the time Banzai was the one of the largest truck clubs in socal....and for a while there life was good. I lived in the same apartments as the prez (ty millard) and a most unusual member also lived there and owned a sweet...and i do mean sweet 71-2 2wd K5. His name was brian mc cormick. Some of you might recognize the name as brian used to be the head cheese at truckin back in those days. It was some good times back then....just a 1/8th mile from the partment was shakeys where we meet...and all of us banzai members that lived there would hang out together and drink at night in the hot tub and get twisted. Anyways i think brian works for 10 magazine right now....but his K5 left a lasting impression. So after having the chalet and the 79...and 2 or 3 K5 parts trucks in the back yard i decided it was time to find one of my own. I ended up with a gen 2 79 that i rescued out of a field in montrose colorado. So far it hasn't cost me a dime...long story...but to say the least i think the 12 bolt coming out of the 79 4wd which is set up with 4.10's and a detroit locker are going to a new home...hint. Anyways...she ain't pretty...has a lot of rust...but she was free...sort of...and its something to start with. But then again shortly after aquiring her Jonboy had to mention his 77 full vert....soooooo....

Diamond in the rough....

Safe at home.

The 77-90 Jimmy- and my chalet will follow in a day or two. Need to crash. Sorry if i seem like an instant pic whore but i've been a member of CK5 since 99...i have a couple years on this board...and i helped my friend aaron with input to make blazerchalet.com...and after all of that i just hours ago learned this neat little trick...lol.

DW
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote