View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 06:13 PM   #16
HuggerCST

Re: Gauge needle paint

Here are some pics of a couple that I did for myself. They are dusty, and I have a cheap camera, but hopefully you can see the color. The dash without the woodgrain has a aftermarket tach, and the needle has not been repainted on it, but it matches very well. On the first one that I built, I used model paint from Walmart, and mixed two colors to get the color that I wanted, and brush painted them. It came out ok, but it was glossy, and the needles faded pretty quick. The Krylon is semi-gloss, and looks alot better than my brush paint looked. I don't know how bad it fades yet. It is alot easier, and quicker to spray them in my opinion. I simply cut a slit in a piece of paper, and slide it under the needle, and around the shaft. Then I take another piece and slide it in the opposite direction to mask the gauge face. Put 2-3 coats on and you're done. The tach center is another story, lol. Hey byrd, what's the secret to getting those lenses so slick?
Attached Images

53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com

Last edited by HuggerCST; 06-14-2006 at 06:15 PM.
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote