View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #18
RunTMCfan

Re: Subwoofers in the rear side panel???

Your gear sounds like it's decent to good. The key is the install. If I had to choose I would rather have high quality cable, RCA's and a clean install rather than expensive subs and what not.

For what you are running you will need major power wire, possibly 1/0 but never ever less then 4 gauge for your main power wire from the battery to the fuse distribution block. Might be overkill but when it comes to power wire, ground wire, RCA's and speaker wire bigger is always better.

There are many references online to assist you with proper wire gauge. I cannot stress how important good cable and wire is. I had a buddy with top knotch gear, he used a crappy set of RCA's from a major manufacturor thinking the brand alone would yield a quality product. He was wrong. He had a whine in his system typical of a bad ground. It was his RCA's. They weren't shielding properly. They were picking up the humm from the cab of his vehicle. They are ran under the carpet and pad after all.

Ported or Sealed, it's always a preference. Some subs sound great ported. If you do a ported box don't use the manufacturors recomended enclosure design. Get one designed properly like LUV said. I've always found manufacturors enclosure designs to sound a bit "ghetto."

Good luck and post picks.