View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: 700r4 problems!!

You said that Fedex had dropped it and that the case had to be repaired and that it never made it back to the manufacturer? So, you fixed the case and tried to use it and it doesn't work, right? Did I miss something, somewhere?

I wouldn't have fixed it, if Fedex dropped it. Didja have insurance on it? If so, and if it was sufficient, I'd have considered that my lucky day.....new tranny, on order.

Otherwise, if you saw Jesse James in Iraq, with his buildup of a trashed-out HumVee, you would have seen his problem with being in Iraq without any parts for the front pump on his tranny....after one of the mechanics said there was no reason for it to not run. Then, Jesse reminded them of his dream that nobody had put ATF in the torque convertor, which ultimately ended up roaching the front pump gears.

But, what about the sprag gears? The factory sprags are weak, and it sounds like they may be the problem. But, if it has been professionally rebuilt by a reputable company, they should have upgraded the sprags to a beefier component.

Beyond that, the pressures that must be controlled that affect shifting, may not be correct....leading back to the throttle adjustments.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote