View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Small window to big window conversion. What's it take?

There are alot more big windows out there,so why?There are alot of people that would buy the small window cab...alot!This work will cost more than buying another cab.The only good way to do it would be from A-pillars to floor at back panel.I had a rustfree cab that had been dented in the corner between the passenger door and bed,rustfree/original paint.Even with this damage,the door just "clicked" shut.But it was a viscious cycle because it would cost more to fix than buy another rustfree cab.Don`t forget,whatever donor cab is used for the back panel is going to cost some bread.If it`s got typical rust,it`ll be cheap or even free.But,the cost of rust repair and comprimised integrity just flat-out kills it in my book.Just my opinion.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote