View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #19
chook

Re: Hi from Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
Welcome to the new hangout.You guys in foreign lands that share the passion for vintage US iron are top-shelf in my book.People around me think I`m nuts for roaming,rooting,and digging up trucks & parts from all around the states.I admire the effort you put out to fulfill your passion.Now,about that trade on a`52 Chevy Ute...
It`s hard to know what`s original on these ol`pups.Match all the numbers and at least you know all those pieces started life as the same truck and the model# gives the configuration.If your #s match,it`s been changed to a Stepside.It could very well be an original Stepside that someone used a nicer CheyenneSuper cab on.But,in this case I doubt it since the numbers show it was a shortbed already.I`ve taken well optioned longbed 3/4t trucks w/big blocks,like low-mile camper haulers,and put it all on a short frame from a bare-bones Stepside to have an instant(well kind of)loaded shortbed.I built one into a pro-street truck using the long frame.I cut the frame and did a "back 1/2" job for the narrowed rear & 4-link.All I needed was a short bed and it was done.I love loaded Stepsides,though.You hardly ever saw those.
What I`ve done for pictures(and I`m a computer idiot),is open an account(free)with www.photobucket.com .All I know is it works here.I read about it in the FAQs section.I`d link ya,but as I mentioned...computer idiot.
Thanks for the info, as yet I still have to check the frame#. And I'm with you, we are sick puppies when it comes to early iron.
Strange you should mention the '52 Aussie bodied Chevy Ute. There was one about 20 kms from where I live that was purchased by a visiting US hotrodder. I only came to find out about it after the sale. But if you have a copy of the Classic Trucks May 2006 magazine and turn to page 52 you can see a picture of it at the Mooneyes 05 Xmas party in Southern Whittier,Calif.
As it turns out a clubmate told me about the Ute and how it was going to the US. I wasn't impressed!!! But if you are looking for one, I will try and locate one for you if you like.
Anyway thanks for the tip on my truck and the resizing of the photo's.
Stay tuned for some pics of my rides to follow soon, I hope!!!
Regards
Harry
chook is offline   Reply With Quote