View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #50
Rokcrln

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

Gap time! I finished all the metal work on the roof for now so it was time to move down the way to the doors. First I spent some time getting the door to fit as well as posible. The drivers side lined up real well at the bottom of the window channel and down at the bottom body line area but the middle belly band of the doow was out about 1/8" to 3/16". Since one of the important on this truck are the body lines and panel gaps I decided to cut the door jamb loose and bring it out just a touch. Once that was done it only left a few small areas that were not out flush with the door. I need to add that the door lined up good when it came here but the last shop or a PO did the old trick of folding the edge of the door in a bit to get it to line up, so I first fixed that then went on.

Next it was time to close up the gap from 3/8" to about 3/16" so out came the Tig rod and away I went. Not only did I close up th egap but I also made sure it was out flush with the door skin before tacking it in place. Once it is all done I will be using lead to finish out this area. Here are a few pic's.

Kevin
LFD inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote