View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #18
Jimbotronics
YA YA

Re: If you were the owner... what would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
I read the entire post and as a retailer I stand by my comments. If you bought a part from me and I said it would fit and it didn't AND you followed the return policy no problem you got a new part coming and if it was my fault I would most likely cover your shipping. But 5 months later your SOL. He should suffer because it was 5 MONTHS later.
dwcsr - I agree with you to an extent, five months is a long time. But the thing is that although I found the headers on ebay I called Fatrodder's to confirm that they were the right part. I also explained (to ashley at Fatrodder's) that I was doing a frame off and that it'd be awhile before I was ready to install them. The little voice on the other end ready to take my money said that that wouldn't be a problem in 'exchanging' them. Though she denies that conversation now. Nonetheless, it's a lesson learned - I'll purchase parts as I need them. You'll also notice that this company hits the defense before giving you a chance to explain the situation.

Byrd - Did you order headers? Let me know if they fit please.

'72 SWB - 350 (frame-off resto in progress - donations accepted)

'04 Chevy Avalanche

'03 Cadillac CTS (wife's ride)

Restoration progress - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335707
Jimbotronics is offline   Reply With Quote