View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Re: Picked up a used CREW CAB

OK, first off....Ken I've been watching off and on over a year for a console with homelink and you get one before you get the actual truck! Dang I suck.....

Pictures are worth more than what I can peck on the keyboard so I took some real quick so they may help in our discussion. I can't remember what the b/s is on the rims because it's been over a year and those numbers got pushed out of the head a long time ago. I had my guy @ Discount get them from TireRack because they have a deal worked with the wheel company anyway, I talked with both companies and they told me that with the 305/40's I would have zero trouble with rubbing if I didn't lower it. I had planned on a 2/4 drop but decided I would just drop the rear and drive off to into the sunset without a care in the world. That dream lasted a day, me and the wife where out house searching when I ran into a small dip in the road and then got to listen as rubber get's cut away by the inner fender lip and with a stupid look on my face turn to my wife and said "that was the sound of 300 dollars getting ripped" to add insult to injury we get out at the next house chosen by the wife and when we get to the front door she say's "what's wrong with your fender?" I turned around to find that the tire had pulled the fender lip straight down and had cut the top of the tire as well. I then spent the next few minutes trying to find a suitable tool to help remedy the situation. I found a new 2x2 stake that got the lip back in line again and after a year you can still find that stake laying in the back of my truck waiting for the next dip in the road........I hate my wheels........but I'm ready to help solve the b/s question. I did some research and it looks like a +35 offset on a 9 1/2 inch wheel will tuck......Let the games begin and let’s see what wheels will work and maybe I'll get that 2/4 drop that I wanted from the start and put my trusty stake in the trash for good

Last edited by n2billet; 10-29-2006 at 10:27 PM.
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote