View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #114
PBFAB.COM

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
You indicated that pic #2 was 1" _ABOVE_ ride height. As shown, you're well into the tire... so how do you turn?
With the steering wheel! All joking aside... I know you're not the biggest fan of the front track width being "too narrow"... and I too think there is a point of it being "too narrow". The track width is "narrow enough" to allow the wheels to be turned without contacting the fender and allows for 3" of compression at ride height before the tire would contact. The camber curve built into the design is much more aggressive than the stock geometry on these trucks, this too pulls the top of the tire inward as the suspension compresses, creating even more clearance. I have attached some pics of clearances. (My BIGGEST pet peave is tires rubbing... and I design and build things with this in mind )

One point of clarity... this particular Dropmember C4 is going to a customer, and it is set up for a 5" ride height with a 27" tall tire per his specs. The Dropmember C4 will also have a one inch higher ride height available. The one inch taller ride height (6")will not allow the frame to set on the ground... it'll have a 1/2 inch to spare.
Attached Images

PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote