View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #14
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Smile Re: 1967 short bed small back glass purchase after a long hunt for one !!

I live in southwest virginia on the tip , I can be in west virginia in about 20 minutes and can be in kentucky in about 15 minutes , I have wanted one of these trucks for 20 years !! all started when I was 14 and dad was going to get me my first car (TRUCK) I found a 1971 C-10 sitting on a car lot and wanted it , dad told me that those truck's were junk and not to fool with them but that he would buy it for me if I wanted it , so I did and worked on it a long time and figured out dad was right it was a piece of junk !! well got rid of it and got another a 68 I think same deal ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so after a while I learned to look UNDER a vehicle to see what kind of shape it was in ,,,,, after about 20 of the 67 to 72 truck's I got mad and threw away every bolt I had for one and and just QUIT ,, well I still wanted a 1967 camaro so I hunted for 5 years and found my 67 with a lot of knowlege from working on the truck's I was able to pick a good camaro , well the 1967 short bed stepside thought's just kept coming back and I was in tenn about five years ago when a guy pulled in a parking lot in a 1969 short stepside with a for sale sign ,,, I went over to look at it knowing what I was gonna see and was SHOCKED!! it had floor pans !!!! it had cab corners !!! I did not know what to say !!!!!!!
after talking to that guy and finding out the truck was an original tenn truck and had always been there was why it was not rusted ,,

in the first of this post I am not putting the trucks down this is just the story of how I figured out that it is not the truck's fault it's this area where I live they just rotted to the ground here ,,,

anyway after seeing that truck I knew that I could go to tenn and have a chance at finding my 1967 short fleet which is what I did , the one I bought has the original green paint still on it the floors are perfect cab corners are super drivers rocker is perfect it has the lower front corner of the rh fender under the battery rust and the passenger side rocker has a little I am going to replace the rocker , but anyway thats my story !!!
can't wait till winter will tear the truck down and clean it all up good should be a great truck ,, later
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote