View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #13
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Re: anyone able to rebuild quadra-jet carbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
Here is a good website for rebuilding the Q-Jet. They din't get into replacing the throttle plate shaft bushings however. To me this is a must do on an older carb because if they are worn they will not hold a steady idle.
C'mon Andy give it a try.
http://www.4wheelnoffroad.com/qjet.html
2nd that, they arent too bad a carb to deal with.....if you do some research. The throttle shafts arent that big a deal (a little rough idle if they are loose). I built a couple of them 10-12 yrs back......the 1 that went on my 425 Cad powered Longhorn was rebushed(Briggs & Stratton valve guides!). I went through the Goug Roe book on the Q jets, & "tweeked" it for what it was worth......spent a week pissin with the jets/needles. That old booger worked DAMN good! when I swapped the old Q jet, for a new Holley spreadbore......dammit I lost power! Go for it, If you WANT it , you can do it just take your time..... L
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote