View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 11:14 PM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: $3,500`68 Stepside/Would you buy it?

I thought that newbie was playing moderator telling me to post a WTB(which this ain`t)in the classified and was scratchin`my head.Next the posts got cruddy.I looked back and saw that it had been edited by LIZ,you know,"LIZ the administrator lady"?Makes sense now.So,c`mon guys,if you find your hairs raisin`,re-read.You may find you were jumpin`the gun and save yourself from chumpness.It`s all good.I don`t feel any bigger in blue than in pink.It takes more than the cost of a couple cans of gas to be lord over another.In my book,there ain`t nothin`that can put another over me or visa-versa.$.02

We don`t have these trucks around here for $1,000 much.If they are that cheap,they aren`t worth restoring.The only rust is in the rockers (still original/been covered) and at least one rear cab mount.Looking inside the bed it is very decent.The bed strips are all solid.The 38 year old wood is weathered,but only rotted in one area.The tailgate is straight and the fender flanges are not all rusted out.The floor is solid and so is the header panel.The interior is original paint.It has nice white dog dishes that are not dented and don`t have surface rust.The front bumper and grille,including surrounds,are straight.The door bottom hems look good.There is no rust in the steps or the seam between the bed.The floor is solid at the kick panels.
My friend told me about it and took me to see it.My friend is in the auto body business and was impressed and felt we could flip it for at least a grand more in my area,it`s in WVA.He also wheels and deals cars and Harleys.He does incredible deals.At his shop he has an unrestored`57 Belair that is 60s-style:first run Torque Thrusts.396,Muncie 4spd,roll`n`pleat.There`s a `70 SS396 convertible,`65 El Camino,and a`68 427/4spd convertible Vette with a solid body.All these he got for unbelieveable good deals.He bought a nice original`65 Panhead 1st year Electra-Glide w/sidecar for $7,000 and sold it the next day for $13,000.
I wish I had a picture.I`ll get one on Monday.I told my friend(Tommy)to let him know I`m interested in trading my`90 Blazer for it.We`ll see.
Although I know these trucks and their worth,I thought I`d get some input,that`s all.Cheaper is always better.But,I don`t think it`s to high.The paint is smooth and the body looks great.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-23-2006 at 07:49 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote