View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #38
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: My build up thread 67 small window short/fleet

Update,
Got all the front and rear suspension bolted in and torqued down to factory specs. I also got the brakes lines, and the front part of the fuel line in and strapped into place, I still need to tweak the rear lines and add a strap near the hoghead. I have ordered a 6' piece of stainless for the fuel line to get back to the fuel cell.I got the lines for the truck shop and used stianless straps and button head stainles screws from inlinetube to hold the lines in place, Had to drill and tap each strap ,but I think the overall was worth the extra effort . I also got the front sway bar installed, and have started getting the steering together so it will soon be mobile. I dropped the motor off at a local machine shop for them to rebuild it to stock specs, $1150, still cheaper tan the cheapest crate motor and this shop has A LOT better reputation than the crate motors have. I will be dropping the tranny(700r4) off tomorrow at a local shop to have them buiild and update it for my truck should cost about $750.Here are a few pics...
Attached Images

Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors

Last edited by byrd; 10-05-2006 at 07:50 PM.
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote