View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #40
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My build up thread 67 small window short/fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd View Post
Today I get the 700r4 out of my garage that I got from bisquick only to find the tranny is damaged beyond all repair I believe it was dropped off of a two story building during shipping It was my fault as I didn't unwrap it when they delivered it, I will know better next time The case was almost completly broke in half and just not worth messing with now, $300 down the drain So I got on the net and called Bowtie overdrives up and ordered a level 1 200r4, 1800 rpm converter,cooling lines, tv kit, install kit with trans temp gauge, converter lock-up kit, and mounting pad for custom x member. All totaled with shipping set me back about $1750, but at least I've got all the parts and a good name tranny. Should be here in about 3 weeks, and hopefully the motor will be about a week ahead of it to get it painted and ready for the tranny.
BYRD

I just installed the BO TV made EZ and the TC lock-up kits. Only drove it 4 miles (truck isn't "legal" yet) but the tranny felt very responsive and shifted nicely.

Couple things they don't tell you in the instructions (I called them on the first item and I got the second item from a classic trucks mag article from 2004)

1.) In the instructions for the lock-up kit they tell you to remove all wiring and install the 4th gear pressure switch, but in the pictures it looks like all of the other "ports" (where the other pressure switches are) looked empty. I called them and their "tech support" people said to leave any plug or pressure switch in place and only swap out the 4th gear switch. Depending on the 700R4 they give you it could have as few as 2 switches and 2 metal plugs, or 4 switches with lots of wiring.

2.) A quick tip to set up the TV cable properly is to leave the tranny pan off, hook it up (after you intall the spring in the little TV body in the trans) and set it up so that the plunger is just touching the valve body when it is fully extended. SO that when you touch the throttle at all the valve body should move in instantly. It should be FULLY extended at idle/no throttle.

Hope that helps. If you already knew that stuff.... then maybe it will help someone else
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 10-06-2006 at 12:53 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote