View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #51
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: My build up thread 67 small window short/fleet

Got a little further this weekend I finished up the install of the fuel cell and bent up a piece of 3/8" stainless line to reach the cell and a 8-10" piece of fuel hose to get to the supply side. I went out to the barn and brought up my supernice metal floor I picked up about a year ago now for jtmiller, a fellow member. I made a another trip and got the bedsides and the
front panel brought up to the shop for some trial fitting and to work out the feul filler details. I went to the local hardware store and picked up a bunch of 3/8" and 5/16" carriage bolts, nuts, and washers to use for trial fitting, I will be using polished stainless button heads bolts for the final product. THe pieces went together fairly well, but I do have work still to do as I could get 3 or 4 of the bolts in. The PS bedside is absolutely perfect dead on, but the DS is the one that needs the tweeking, but over all the Goodmark parts are a nice fit. I haven't squared the bed or anything yet just go as many bolts as I could in it, and it measures off about a 1/2" cross corners, but from side to side it is really close a little tweaking and it will fit really nicely.

I will be useing the stake pocket fill like John Frabris's FAQ and have got the filler cap ordered and will try to get it worked out this week sometime.I gave it a glance today and it looks like it may be a little easier for me because of where my filler inlet in the tank is. It is alot closer to the rear of the truck than the blazer tank and should have almost no bend in it from the stake pocket to the tank inlet.

In the last pic I put a small red circle around what is not really visible but it is the center seat from a set of buddy buckets I got them from gmcjon a member in kansas. He was kind enough to get the seat up to teeitups house for another fellow member Huck who was on his way back from vacation and lives about an hour from me picked the seat up for me and brought it on home.What A GUY I went out and picked the seat up Saturday morning and I'm very pleased with the seats and will look great in the truck at some point They were already apart for shipping and double wrapped in heavy plastic by gmcjon, (THANK YOU!! for doing that the seats made it without a scratch) so I don't have any pics of the seat yet.

I want to again thank all the board members involved in getting my seat to me safe and sound, Huck, Teeitup, and Gmcjon, oh I almost forgot Teeitups brother for meeting up with Huck and teeitup's boy was sick.This type of help and comraddery(sp) is what this board is all about,and can't thank you guys enough Sorry for the long post Now here are some pics
Attached Images

Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote