View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #20
alblogg

Re: Why 67-72 people are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
There’s a few reasons why I built a 67. I had a 69 panel when I was 16, 67’s are exempt from most state and federal bs regulations, real steel instead of plastic, they look great and are fun to drive, NO electronics that take a $50.000 analyzer and a $100 an hour tech to trouble shoot a problem.. A ˝-9/16 combo, screwdriver, and pliers will fix almost anything. And that they get attention. The other day I watched a guy leaving the convenience store in front of me. He was staring at my truck so hard that when he opened the door to his mini van he hit himself in the face with his door frame……

Yep back in the ole days you could go to Sears & Roebucks and buy you a set of tools for $10, $30 you was a master mechanic and could rebuild a small block with about six wrenches and a hammer. Now it takes that just to get the hood off and don't forget they have to be metric.
BTW that is a sharp lookin truck, love the stripes. That is one of my plans I have floating arounding in my head for my '69. I did one for a guy before with hugger stripes and he found some guy to do bucket seats he found and the door panels with the same type and pattern as a Camaro turned out cool.
Tuner,Viper
'88 K1500 Cheyenne, 5.0, stock, bought new
'86 Nissan 720 Trash Truck
'69 C/10 step side, 307, all original, second owner, in process of restore.

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrurt the person doing it.
Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Allen- Paintman
Wrenchtwister
Broompusher
alblogg is offline   Reply With Quote