View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
Pl4yboy
Freeeeee Mason...

Re: Stereo options / Speakers

I'm probably the only one that is going to say it, but pieces, your system is pretty cruddy. You really DONT need frontal imaging. It's a waste. Look at cars now days. Hardly ANY have a direct, in your face front image. I have been a part of MANY car audio forums and honestly the only thing about your system that I like is the Epicenter. Not many people run Epicenters and don't know what they are missing out on. Bass tubes are something I would NEVER buy. Not that they don't put out loud bass for the price, because they do, but the actualy sound quality (SQ) of the bass is worthless. For the same price, you could buy a 12" sub from many companies that sounds MUCH better with the same loudness (SPL). For your specific truck, I would simply get a nice set of Rainbow 6.5 components. I like that you arent using coaxials... most peolpe aren't smart enough to use components. Rear imaging is not a must in these trucks. Alot of people running cars don't even use a rear stage. IF you DID want a rear stage, another 6.5 set would work wonders if setup near the head. Some people don't like components behind them because they can be too harsh, but I'm a fan. An alternative is 6x9s. For the subs.... where should I start. For me, bass is the best part of the music. And I'm not talking cruddy sounding bass. If you want amazing SQ I would definately look into Acendent Audio, Resonant Engineering (what I'm running), JL, Treo (Really coming out right now in SPL comps), or Digital Designs. Crystal also offers some GREAT sounding subs. If you just want SPL, I'd go with some of Treo or Resonant Engineering's SPL line. This is just a thought but you would most likely have to uprade your alternator and add a battery for some of the things I'm suggesting. You can forget everything I said if you just don't care that much about your system and like what you have. For me, music is one of the main parts of my ride. Again, I'm not trying to be a d*ck. Your system is one that obviously is working for you. This was also a guideline for the main person here to get an idea.

I'll link you to a great forum for help and advice.

www.ecoustics.com

Wonderful place sometimes. There are quite a few idiots there though. I'd be glad to help ANYONE with car audio, just send me a PM.
Pl4yboy is offline   Reply With Quote