View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #13
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Stereo options / Speakers

First of all thanks for the opinion, everyone has one and you deserve yours. As for being a d*ck (I'm sure that is what you wanted to say to all of the readers), you possibly could not help it. Second the system is really cheap and nasty, isn't it. It works and I am not going to spend more money on it, now. That money is going to the next project. I used the tubes for a reason, that was to get the seat space that I wanted and not invest my life's fortune in it. I used the frontal image to kill off the small loss in the windshield area due to the fact that I run with my windows open, most of the time. I used the tubes in a simple isobaric sound compression setup to get the base to push under the seat and loose some of the midrange resonance. I am firing them into each other and have them boxed off into a chamber facing into the seat. The investment in my items was smaller than most, due to a friend having the stock in his store without having to pay across the counter for it, I bought it at his cost. The Stereo MOJOs of today have taken installs to the level of way above the average driver and car owner wants to invest. Besides the truck is a driver/show type unit and it could not qualify for a "THUMPER" in any way. I does hold up at a good SPL level, though. I will leave that to the kids, since I am an old feeble farm boy. As for linking me to a forum, sure why not I might get some ideas out of it, thank you there is always room for another option.

My next truck--the 68 Chevy streetrod cruiser that I am now assembling will be different in stereo design and I am already working out the speaker options for it. Believe me the tubes are not going in it. As a matter of fact, I am going with simplicity and about 5 speakers for sound. They are all going in at eye or head level, with exception to the subwoofer.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote