View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
Storm Chaser

New guy from Indiana

Hello! I found this site while googling for info on my truck. I have been lurking here for a while, but decided to join when I came across the threads about making a shortbed frame from a longbed. My main truck is a 71 longbed (orange with white roof) with a 350 and a automatic. I just recently picked up a 69 shortbed minus the engine, trans and front sheetmetal. I bought it at the Ducktail Run car show, because I always wanted a shortbed. Come to find out, I got screwed on the deal because the frame was bent in the front (hit on the passenger side).

At the time, I was driving a severely rusted 72. The body was shot, but it was mechanically a good truck. So, after reading the threads here over and over about modifying a longbed frame, I decided to give it a go. The only difference was I used the back of the shortbed frame and mated it with the front of (what was) the 72. I had alot of help from my buddies, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be-- we left the engine and tranny on the front frame (327 with manual 3-speed) and left the bed on the rear frame. At this time, most of the 69 short is back together and it starts up, but I still have to find a driveshaft and hook up the brake lines. At least I can still drive my 71 around (which I have dreams of one day rolling a 1-ton frame under and installing a 6.5 turbodiesel, just because...).

At any rate, I look forward to being a part of this community. I love the 67-72 bodystyle and love working on them. Just thought I'd say hi, introduce myself, and say thanks for the frame info I've already used (which was well written and easily understood). I think I'll stick around!
Storm Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote