View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #65
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: My build up thread 67 small window short/fleet

More progress!! I finished up the serpentine belt set up and had to add a bolt hole in the pass side head for the bracket. Got all the water, and PS pump and pulleys on as well as the A/C compressor, new belt and new idler and tensioner pulleys. I have ordered the alt and it will be here Tuesday and that will complete that part. I will have to rework the fule line some, maybe with some braided flex because the serp bracket is in the way of the fuel lines normal path.
Got the motor and tranny bolted together with a new high torque mini starter and tried to use the headers seen in the pics but the driver side is not going to work Took the driver side header off and the motor and tranny dropped right in. I then had to set the new crossmember up for the tranny and drill the new mounting holes for it, and got the tranny bolted down to it with a energy suspention poly mount made for the new crossmember. Installed the tranny cooler lines on the tranny and put in the TV cable.
I tried to finish up the E-brake cables but ran out of time and will work on it some more this weekend.

With the weight of the motor and tranny in, I'm really digdin' the stance
Her are a few pics of the progress..
Attached Images

Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors

Last edited by byrd; 11-11-2006 at 02:06 AM.
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote